Moontanning and other simple pleasures…
Tonight I had the pleasure of enjoying one of my summer simple pleasures, my cousin Sara and I dubbed it Moontanning. I feel it is a worthwhile endeavor for anyone who is still breathing.
Basically swimming in the pool by moonlight, watching the stars come out, and not worrying about reapplication of sunscreen or what SPF you should try and use.
So, I was trying to come up with a good blog post, something that would be fun to come up with and lighthearted and easy to read…
Sitting Floating in my Opa’s pool tonight I was struck by how insanely grateful I was for everything in my life… It seems like the perfect night to come up with a list of simple pleasures that tend to show themselves in the summertime.
Summer Simple Pleasures (in no particular order)
- One of my absolute all time favorites has to be when a little yellow dot floating around your backyard catches your eye on a warm summer night. Lightning bugs! They are a sign to me that summer is actually here.
- Ice Cream. While Ice Cream can be (and is) enjoyed year round… I am not sure how you can beat a bowl of ice cream (vanilla completely soaked in chocolate syrup) after an exhausting day of swimming in the sun.
- Late nights and even later mornings, just knowing that you can stay up until 4 in the morning for fun and not becuase you (if your like me) need to finish reading a book and write the book report, or finish a science project, or write your four page paper…
- The smell of clorine, while it can be utterly revolting there is something distinctly summery to me about a clean pool.
- Sleepovers and movie nights!
- Fireworks… fireworks are great, but you have not seen them until my dad sets them off… upside down…
- Lemonade. Summer is literally the only time I ever drink Lemonade.
- NO HOMEWORK… ’nuff said.
I probably have more and will do another post on just anytime simple pleasures, but those are good for now, and I have a bunch of books from Half Price to bury myself in. So until the next post…
Be happy, look at the blessings you have and smile! 🙂